Ingersoll Scores in Loss for Shorewomen
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Visiting Haverford College scored twice in the second half to break a 1-1 halftime tie en route to a 3-1 Centennial Conference field hockey victory over host Washington College this afternoon on Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium.
Haverford 3, Washington College 1
How It Happened
- Clare Ingersoll put the Shorewomen on the board when she deflected in a ball initially sent by Nicole Schroyer during a penlty corner with 26:16 remaining in the first half.
- Ariana Sulpizio evened the score for the Fords just 43 seconds later, scoring off a pass in front from Paige Powell.
- Powell put the Fords in front, 2-1, with a goal after stealing the ball from a defender 91 seconds into the second half.
- Caroline Aronowitz tacked on an insurance goal for Haverford by blasting in a rebound off a blocked shot with 14:08 on the clock.
For the Shorewomen (4-9, 4-3 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Ingersoll (goal), Schroyer (assist)
- Goalkeeper: Morgan Domanico (4 saves, 3 goals allowed, 70:00)
For Haverford (6-5, 2-4 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Powell (goal, assist), Sulpizio (goal), Aronowitz (goal)
- Goalkeeper: Hannah Roth (3 saves, 1 goal allowed, 70:00)
- Haverford held an 18-9 advantage in shots (seven to four in shots on goal) and a 7-6 edge in penalty corners.
- Ingersoll was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Player of the Game.
10/13 @ #13 Franklin & Marshall - 12 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)