Brandt Scores Twice in Win
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Kailyn Brandt scored two goals to lead the host Washington College field hockey team to a 3-2 Centennial Conference win over visiting Dickinson this afternoon on Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium.
Washington College 3, Dickinson 2
How It Happened
- The Shorewomen scored on their first shot of the game as Brandt scored off a corner insert from Olivia Auer just 2:37 into the contest.
- Grace Steele scored off another Auer assist, redirecting a shot in with 23:15 to go in the first half.
- Dickinson got on the board when Bridget Fontaine redirected a ball in sent by Amanda Fruman with 6:26 left in the first half.
- Brandt pushed the lead back to two goals with her second goal of the game, blasting a ball into the top of the cage from just inside the circle with 28:53 left in the game.
- The Red Devils got back to within a goal when Alana Platukus redirected in a long cross from Marie Laverdiere with 16:04 to go.
- Dickinson pulled its goalkeeper with under a minute to go and the ball in the offensive end. The Red Devils were able to earn a penalty corner, which was put in play after time expired, but the Shorewomen were able to thwart that threat without allowing a shot to hold on for the win.
For the Shorewomen (4-8, 4-2 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Brandt (2 goals); Steele (goal); Auer (2 assists)
- Goalkeeper: Morgan Domanico (7 saves, 2 goals allowed, 70:00)
For Dickinson (2-9, 1-5 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Fontaine (goal), Platukus (goal), Fruman (assist), Laverdiere (assist)
- Goalkeeper: Heather Meeder (4 saves, 3 goals allowed, 69:04)
- Dickinson held a 14-11 advantage in shots and a 9-2 advantage in penalty corners in the game.
- Brandt was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Player of the Game.
10/10 v. Haverford - 4 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)