Steele, Brandt Score Two Goals Each in Win
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Host Washington College scored three times in the first eight minutes of the game and cruised to a 4-1 Centennial Conference field hockey victory over visiting McDaniel this afternoon on Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium.
Washington College 4, McDaniel 1
How It Happened
- The Shorewomen scored on the first shot of the game as Grace Steele fired home a shot off a cross in front from Olivia Auer just 2:07 into the game.
- Steele scored again with 27:56 off another Auer assist and Kailyn Brandt pushed the lead to 3-0 just 37 seconds after that.
- Washington held an 11-5 advantage in shots in the first half.
- Brandt scored her second goal of the game just 3:03 into the second half.
- Megan Quattrone put McDaniel on the board with a goal with 2:27 left in the game.
For the Shorewomen (2-8, 2-2 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Steele (2 goals); Brandt (2 goals); Auer (2 assists)
- Goalkeeper: Morgan Domanico (3 saves, 0 goals allowed, 35:00); Kayla Zapcic (6 saves, 1 goal allowed, 35:00)
- Maggie Cancelmo notched a defensive save for the Shorewomen in the win.
- Washington held a 30-14 advantage in shots and an 11-7 edge in penalty corners in the game.
For McDaniel (1-8, 0-4 Centennial Conference)
- Scorers: Quattrone (goal)
- Goalkeeper: Paige Ford (9 saves, 4 goals allowed, 70:00)
- Madison Downey and Emily Farrell each had one defensive save for McDaniel.
- Steele was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Player of the Game.
10/3 @ Swarthmore - 7 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)