Brandt Scores Twice, Domanico Makes Nine Saves
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Freshman forward/midfielder Kailyn Brandt (White Hall, Md./Hereford) scored two goals and junior goalkeeper Morgan Domanico (Bel Air, Md./Bel Air) made eight saves as host Washington College topped visiting Roanoke, 3-1, in a non-conference game as the Shorewomen celebrated Senior Day.
Washington College 3, Roanoke 1
How It Happened
- Brandt opened the scoring for the Shorewomen with 17:48 left in the first half. Her first shot was saved by Heather Schauder, but the ball came right back to Brandt, who blasted it into the back of the cage for the goal.
- Megan Ritchey increased the lead to 2-0 with a penalty stroke goal for the Shorewomen with 10:08 to go in the first.
- The Maroons got on the board with a stroke of their own as Lauren Heffron scored with 17 seconds remaining before halftime.
- Brandt tacked on Washington's third goal when she dribbled past a defender and scored on a hard shot from the middle of the circle with 14:52 to go in the second.
For the Shorewomen (9-6)
- Scorers: Brandt (2 goals), Ritchey (goal)
- Goalkeeper: Domanico (8 saves, 1 goal allowed, 70:00)
For Roanoke (12-3)
- Scorers: Heffron (goal)
- Goalkeeper: Emma Clark (0 saves, 0 goals allowed, 10:47), Schauder (2 saves, 3 goals allowed, 79:13)
- Roanoke held a 16-7 advantage in saves and a 12-3 margin in penalty corners in the game.
- Brandt was named the Goose Nation TV Shorewomen Player of the Game on the webcast of the contest.
- Washington College seniors Katie Arnold, Sami Bialozynski, Michaela Conners, Courtney Rainey, and Liza Slavin were honored before the game.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
10/25 v. Ursinus - 7:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)