CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Seventh-ranked Salisbury University scored four first-half goals en route to a 6-0 non-conference win over host Washington College in the field hockey season opener for both schools this afternoon on Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium.
#7 Salisbury 6, Washington College 0
How It Happened
- Becca Rinaca put the Sea Gulls on the board with a goal off an assist from Emily Lemanski during a rebound just 3:58 into the game.
- Salisbury quickly added to the lead as Rinaca deflected in an initial shot from Hughes 2:29 later.
- Tara Daddio pushed the lead to 3-0 when she scored on a loose ball from five yards out with 19:36 to go in the first half off an assist from Paige Twilley-Webster. Daddio scored again with 16:24, this time off an assist from Annah Brittingham.
- Rinaca scored her third goal of the game off an assist from Natalie Wilkinson with 26:05 remaining in the second half, getting the ball just across the line on a short pop-up shot.
- Allison Remenapp notched the Shorewomen's first shot of the game with 23:21 left, but it was saved by Salisbury goalkeeper Tressie Windsor. A shot by Elizabeth Davis later during the same possession was also turned away by Windsor.
- Brittingham blasted in the Sea Gulls' sixth goal of the game with 6:11 to go.
For the Shorewomen (0-1)
- Scorers: none
- Goalkeeper: Kerrigan Buck (5 saves, 6 goals allowed, 70:00)
- The Shorewomen finished with six shots in the game, all coming in the second half. Washington also had three penalty corners.
For Salisbury (1-0)
- Scorers: Rinaca (3 goals), Daddio (2 goals), Brittingham (1 goal, 1 assist), Hughes (1 assist), Wilkinson (1 assist), Lemanski (1 assist), Twilley-Webster (1 assist)
- Goalkeeper: Windsor (2 saves, 0 goals allowed, 63:49), Eliza Pauk (0 saves, 0 goals allowed, 6:11)
- The Sea Gulls recorded 19 shots and seven penalty corners in the game.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
9/4 @ Roanoke - 11:00 a.m.