Shoremen Improve to 15-3 with Sixth Straight Win
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The Washington College baseball team picked up its sixth straight victory and ran its record to 15-3 with a 10-2 non-conference win at Gallaudet this afternoon.
Washington College 10, Gallaudet 2
How It Happened
- An RBI single by Evan Hirschbaum in the top of the first gave the Shoremen a quick lead.
- In the second inning, Chris Kramedas and Aaron Barclay each singled in a run and Ryan Zwier plated another on a fielder's choice to increase the lead to 4-0.
- The lead grew to 7-0 in the fourth when Hirschbaum singled in two runs and Zwier scored on a passed ball.
- Tancredi and Kramedas each singled in a run in the sixth to push the lead to 9-0.
- Justin Strong put the Bison on the board with an RBI single in the bottom of the sixth.
- Chris Bauers drove in the Shoremen's 10th run with a ground-out in the top of the eighth.
- Winston Lane scored on an error in the bottom of the ninth for Gallaudet's second run.
For the Shoremen (15-3)
- Hitting: Kramedas (3-for-4, 2 RBI, run); Hirschbaum (3-for-5, run, 3 RBI); CJ Gillmer (3-for-5); Barclay (hit, 2 runs, RBI, walk); Zwier (double, 2 runs, RBI)
- Pitching: P.J. Mikulus (win, 7 innings, 6 hits, 1 run, 0 earned runs, 1 walk, 4 strikeouts); Nick Popolizio (1 inning, 1 hit); Sean Weiss (1 inning, 1 hit, 1 run, 0 earned runs, 1 strikeout)
- Mikulus improved to 4-0 this season with the win.
For Gallaudet (3-14-1)
- Hitting: Strong (3-for-4, RBI); Lane (2-for-4, double, run)
- Pitching: Ethan Denson (loss, 5.2 innings, 12 hits, 9 runs, 6 earned runs, 4 walks, 1 strikeout); Robersy Delgado (1.1 innings, 2 hits); Kenneth Gentzke III (1 inning, 2 hits, 1 run, 1 earned run); Yebi Areola (0.2 innings, 3 walks, 1 strikeout)
Up Next for the Shoremen
3/26 @ Cairn - 3:00 p.m.
- The game will be played at Maplezone Sports Institute in Aston, Pa.