Meder Scores Shoremen's Run in Loss
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — The seventh-ranked Johns Hopkins University baseball team won its 12th consecutive game this afternoon, defeating host Washington College, 6-1, in Centennial Conference action. Nick Bodner allowed just one hit and no runs in six innings on the mound for the Blue Jays in the win.
#7 Johns Hopkins 6, Washington College 1
How It Happened
- Tommy Mee hit a three-run home run to left field in the top of the second inning to give the Blue Jays an early 3-0 lead.
- Conor Reynolds added to the lead with an RBI single to left center in the top of the fifth.
- Alex Darwiche led off the top of the sixth with a long home run to left center for a 5-0 Hopkins lead.
- The Shoremen got on the board in the bottom of the seventh when Charlie Meder scored on an RBI groundout by Ryan Donnelly after leading off the inning with a single.
- An RBI single to center by Darwiche tacked on the sixth run of the game for the Blue Jays.
For the Shoremen (14-21, 5-10 Centennial Conference)
- Hitting: Meder (1-for-4, run); Donnelly (RBI)
- Pitching: P.J. Mikulus (loss, 5.2 innings, 5 runs, 9 hits, 4 walks, 6 strikeouts); Sean Weiss (2.1 innings, 0 runs, 2 hits, 0 walks, 1 strikeout); Brandon Bartlett (1 inning, 1 run, 3 hits, 0 walks, 2 strikeouts)
For Johns Hopkins (29-6, 14-1 Centennial Conference)
- Hitting: Darwiche (3-for-5, 2 RBIs, 2 runs, home run); Mee (2-for-3, 3 RBIs, run, home run, walk, stolen base); Brian Lin (3-for-5); Mike Smith (2-for-4, run); Ryan Orgielewicz (2-for-5, stolen base)
- Pitching: Bodner (win, 6 innings, 0 runs, 1 hit, 1 walk, 6 strikeouts); Josh Hejka (save, 3 innings, 1 run, 1 hit, 1 walk 1 strikeout)
- Weiss was named the Goose Nation TV Shoremen Player of the Game during the game's webcast.
Up Next for the Shoremen
4/28 @ #7 Johns Hopkins - 3:30 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)