Tancredi drives in career high 4 RBI's in the win
LANCASTER, Pa. — Visiting Washington College collected 13 hits as a team and drew 13 walks en route to a 13-2 win over host Franklin & Marshall in a Centennial Conference baseball game this afternoon played in Lancaster, Pennsylvania at Clipper Magazine Stadium. The Shoremen improve to 21-8-1 overall and 5-5 in the Centennial with the win, while the Diplomats drop to 14-17 overall and 5-7 in the Centennial with the loss.
Washington College 13, Franklin & Marshall 2
How It Happened
- A Matt Tancredi triple to left-center field scored Joe Lozupone, TC Conrad, and Garrett Richardello, who all reached base through walks, to give the Shoremen a 3-0 lead in the top of the second inning.
- Tancredi scored off of a fielders choice and an error to make it a 4-0 Shoremen lead later in the inning.
- Tyler Daley got the Diplomats on the board in the bottom of the second inning with an RBI single to left field to score Luke Seib and cut the Washington lead to 4-1.
- A Charlie Meder RBI single brought home Wes Robertson, followed by a Richardello RBI single to left field to score Luke D'Ostilio, to give the Shoremen a 6-1 lead in the top of the third inning.
- David Iacobucci led off the bottom of the third inning with a solo home run to right field to cut the Washington lead to 6-2.
- Robertson made it 7-2 in the top of the fourth inning with an RBI single to right field to score Tancredi.
- The Shoremen added three more runs in the top of the fifth inning to extend the lead to 10-2. D'Ostilio scored on a wild pitch, followed by an RBI single from Tancredi which scored Richardello, and a sacrifice fly from Brian Baquer to score Conrad.
- Washington added three more runs in the top of the seventh inning. Meder drove home Baquer and Tancredi with a single to make it 12-2. D'Ostilio was then hit by a pitch, forcing in Robertson to give the Shoremen a 13-2 lead and round out the scoring.
For the Shoremen (21-8-1, 5-5 CC)
- Hitting: Tancredi (3-for-4, triple, career high 4 RBI's, career high 3 runs, walk), Meder (2-for-5, 3 RBI's), Richardello (2-for-4, RBI, 2 runs, 2 walks), Robertson (2-for-2, double, RBI, 2 runs, career high 3 walks), D'Ostilio (double, RBI, walk, 2 runs), Baquer (RBI, run, 2 walks, 2 stolen bases), Conrad (2 walks, 2 runs)
- Pitching: Billy Griffin (win, 4-0, 5 innings, 6 hits, 2 runs, 2 walks, 1 strikeouts), Billy Benson (2 innings, 4 hits, 0 runs, 0 walks, 0 strikeouts).
- The Shoremen pounded out 13 hits in the win, drew 13 walks, and left 14 runners on base.
- The Shoremen did not commit an error in the win.
For Franklin & Marshall (14-17, 5-7 CC)
- Hitting: Daley (3-for-4, RBI), Iacobucci (solo home run, walk), Seib (3-for-4, run)
- Pitching: Eric Dyke (loss, 0-1, 1.1 innings, 1 hit, 4 runs, 6 walks, 2 strikeouts).
- The Diplomats collected 12 hits in the loss, drew two walks, and left nine runners on base.
- Franklin & Marshall committed three errors in the game, leading to one unearned run.
- Today's Shoremen win completes a season sweep of the Diplomats after Washington's 7-6 walk off win in 10 innings on Tuesday afternoon, and it is the programs first sweep of the Diplomats since 2012.
- This is the second time this season that the Shoremen have drawn 13 walks in a game. Washington drew 13 walks earlier this season in a 24-3 win over Albertus Magnus.
- All nine Shoremen starters reached base safely at least once.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
4/23 v. Haverford - 12:30 p.m. (Centennial Conference double-header)