Quattro Scores 15 Points in Loss for Shorewomen
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. — Dickinson College used an early 9-1 run to take the lead and held Washington College at bay the rest of the way en route to a 70-62 Centennial Conference women's basketball game today at the historic Palestra in Philadelphia.
Dickinson 70, Washington College 62
How It Happened
- The Shorewomen held an early 6-3 lead before the Red Devils scored nine of the next 10 points to build a 12-7 advantage on a Lauren McBride lay-up with 55 seconds to go in the first quarter. Dickinson held a 13-9 lead after that initial period.
- A Kat Moore lay-up with 6:40 remaining in the second quarter pulled the Shorewomen to within a point at 20-19. Dickinson scored the next five points to take a 25-19 lead on a Claudia Maira basket with 5:25 to go. The Red Devils went on to score the final six points of the period, bringing a 33-25 advantage into the intermission. Dickinson held a 15-1 advantage in second-chance points in the first half.
- Lizzie Becker gave the Red Devils their first double-digit lead of the game 69 seconds into the third quarter as the lead grew to 35-25. Washington got back to within four on a lay-up by Brynne Brouse with 2:00 remaining at 39-35, but Dickinson brought a 45-38 margin into the fourth period.
- Washington again narrowed the margin to four on a transition lay-up and free throw by Caitlyn Clark that made the score 47-43 in favor of the Red Devils with 8:22 left in the game. Dickinson countered by scoring nine of the next 11 points as the Red Devils built their biggest lead of the game thus far, 56-45, on a three-pointer by Becker with 5:49 on the clock. Dickinson led by at least six points the rest of the way.
For the Shorewomen (4-10, 2-7 Centennial Conference)
- Cassidy Quattro (15 points); Clark (13 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists); Moore (12 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks)
- The Shorewomen shot 33.9% from the field, 4-for-11 from three-point range, and 20-for-28 from the foul line in the game.
For Dickinson (4-10, 4-5 Centennial Conference)
- Kassidy Lesher (19 points, 19 rebounds); McBride (17 points, 7 rebounds); Becker (12 points)
- Dickinson shot 31.3% from the field, 4-for-12 from three, and 24-for-32 at the charity stripe.
- The Red Devils finished with a 49-40 rebounding advantage, including 20-10 on the offensive end. They wound up with a 23-7 advantage in second-chance points.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
1/16 @ Johns Hopkins - 6:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)