Samuels Scores Nine Points in Loss for Shorewomen
COLLEGEVILLE, Pa. — Host Ursinus College cruised to a 67-36 win over visiting Washington College in a Centennial Conference women's basketball game tonight in Collegeville, Pa.
Ursinus 67, Washington College 36
How It Happened
- The Bears converted on nine of their 13 field-goal attempts in the first quarter to take a 20-8 lead after one period. Seven of those nine buckets came in the paint.
- Ursinus ended the second quarter with a 7-0 run to bring a 36-17 advantage into the break following a Maya Kornfeld lay-up with 26 seconds left.
- The Bears continued to stretch the lead in the third quarter, ending that period with a Sydney Fail jumper on an offensive rebound for a 48-23 advantage.
- The biggest lead of the game came on a Francesca Bogiatzis free throw with 3:31 to go in the fourth, pushing the Ursinus lead to 65-29.
For Ursinus (7-6, 4-4 Centennial Conference)
- Lydia Konstanzer (24 points, 11-for-13 shooting, 9 rebounds); Kornfeld (11 points, 4 assists); Toni Suler (6 points, 10 rebounds, 5 blocks)
- The Bears shot 26-for-56 from the field in the game and held a 46-35 rebounding advantage.
- Ursinus also held a 42-12 advantage in points in the paint in the game.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
1/11 v. Franklin & Marshall - 8:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)