Clark Scores 10 Points, Hands Out Five Assists and Tallies Three Steals
FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla. – Misericordia's Paige Walpole scored a game-high 12 points on its way to a 69-45 win over Washington College on Tuesday afternoon at the Greater Ft. Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center at the Cruzin' Classic in non-conference women's basketball action. The Cougars improve to 4-4 with the win, while the Shorewomen drop to 4-5.
Misericordia 69 Washington College 45
How It Happened
- Misericordia led 13-11 with 3:15 left in the first quarter following a jumper by Washington's Kristi Kozlowski before going on an 8-0 run to end the quarter and lead 21-11 after one. Leanne Forsyth capped the scoring in the first on a layup with 40 ticks left.
- The Cougars outscored the Shorewomen in the second quarter, 10-8, and stretched their lead to 13 points on two occasions before taking a 12-point lead, 31-19, into halftime.
- In the third, Misericordia would lead by as many as 21 at 40-19 following a lay-in by Walpole with 7:21 remaining to cap a 9-0 run to open the third stanza. The Cougars took a 49-34 lead into the fourth quarter, holding a slight 18-15 edge in scoring.
- Washington was outscored 20-11 in the fourth quarter as the Cougars led by as many as 25 at 67-42 with 3:52 to go on a Lena Williams free throw.
For The Shorewomen (4-5)
- Caitlyn Clark (10 points, five assists and game-high three steals), Cassidy Quattro (nine rebounds to lead all players).
- Washington shot 30% from the field (17-for-57) and 69% from the foul line (11-for-16).
- The Shorewomen missed all five of their three-point tries.
- WC had 18 turnovers in the game, while tallying nine steals.
For Misericordia (4-4)
- Walpole (12 points), Japriya Carroll (10 points), Forsyth (five assists), Jaclyn Hajec (team-best seven boards).
- Misericordia shot 42% from the field (25-for-60), 23% from behind the arc (3-for-13) and 57% from foul line (16-for-28).
- The Cougars committed 15 turnovers in the win and had 10 steals.
- Misericordia outscored Washington in points in the paint (40-24), bench points (22-15), second chance points (11-6) and points off turnover (23-6).
- On the boards, the Cougars outrebounded the Shorewomen 44-36
- It was the first meeting between the two schools in women's basketball.
- Each team had eight fast-break points in the game.
12/20 v. Kalamazoo – 10:00 a.m. (Cruzin' Classic in Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.)
- Final game of the 2017 calendar year for any Washington College team.
- First all-time meeting between the two schools in women's basketball.