Quattro Tallies Her Second Double-Double of the Season and Fifth of Career
CHESTERTOWN, Md. – Visiting McDaniel broke open a 42-41 lead with a 13-3 run to end the third quarter on its way to a 74-61 over host Washington College on Thursday evening at the Cain Athletic Center in Centennial Conference women's basketball action. In the loss, sophomore forward Cassidy Quattro (Lansdale, Pa./Hatboro-Horsham) posted her second double-double of the season, and fifth of her career, with a team-best 15 points and a game-high 10 rebounds. The Green Terror are now 2-4 overall and 1-2 in the Centennial, while the Shorewomen drop to 2-2 and 1-1 respectively.
McDaniel 74 Washington College 61
How It Happened
- The Green Terror scored 10 of the game's first 12 points to lead 10-2 with 6:50 remaining in the first quarter on two free throws by Renie Tsomos. McDaniel led 18-11 after one quarter.
- In the second quarter, the Shorewomen got it within three at 21-18 with 6:13 to go on a pair of free throws by Quattro. McDaniel would take a 30-26 lead into halftime.
- Washington would tie the game at 37-37 on two from the line by Quattro with 6:06 to go in the third quarter.
- Leading 42-41 with 3:51 to go in the third, the Green Terror closed the quarter on a 13-3 run to take a 55-44 lead after three. Hannah Zajac closed the quarter on a 25-foot three-pointer to beat the buzzer.
- Trailing 59-44 in the fourth quarter, its biggest deficit of the game, WC went on a 7-0 run to trim the guests' lead to 59-51 with 6:08 left on a Kat Moore free throw. However the Shorewomen would get no closer as McDaniel outscored the hosts by a 15-10 margin the rest of the game.
For The Shorewomen (2-2, 1-1 CC)
- Quattro (team-high 15 points and gam-best 10 rebounds for a double-double and career-best four steals), Caitlyn Clark (three assists).
- Washington shot 36% from the field (19-for-53), 0% from three-point range (0-for-9) and 77% from the foul line (23-for-30).
- The Shorewomen outscored the Green Terror in bench points (27-23) and second-chance points (10-7).
- Washington had 29 turnovers in the contest.
- The hosts outboarded the visitors by a 49-32 count.
For McDaniel (2-4, 1-2 CC)
- Liv Storer (19 points and five rebounds), Melanie Yeomans (game-best 21 points and four steals), Tsomos (game-bests of five steals and four assists), Halle Burgess (five boards).
- The Green Terror tallied a 32-26 edge in points in the paint, totaled a 29-11 advantage in points off of turnovers and outscored the Shorewomen 4-2 in transition points.
- McDaniel shot 39% from the field (22-for-56), 29% from behind the arc (2-for-7) and 62% from foul line (13-for-21).
- The Green Terror had 14 turnovers in the win.
- Quattro was named the Goose Nation TV Player of the Game on the webcast of the contest.
12/2 @ Gettysburg – 3:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)
- Teams split the season series last year, both winning at home.