PHILADELPHIA, Pa. — The Washington College men's rowing team competed in three races at the Navy Day Regatta on the Schuylkill River in Philadelphia today, racing primarily against crews from Division I schools.
Navy Day Regatta
How It Happened
- The Shoremen's entry in the open/collegiate eight placed 21st of 31 boats in 14:14.26, racing mostly against crews from Division I schools. Drexel's "A" boat won the race in 12:56.38, George Washington's "A" boat took second in 13:03.31, and Navy's "A" boat was third in 13:03.33.
- The Shoremen were 12th of 14 crews in the collegiate junior varsity eight in a time of 14:42.21, racing exclusively against crews from Division I schools. Drexel's "A" boat won the race in 13:13.89, followed by George Washington's "A" boat in second in 13:23.60 and Delaware's "A" boat in third in 13:25.06.
- The Shoremen's freshman/novice eight placed 17th of 18 crews in its race in 17:13.51, also racing exclusively against crews from Division I schools. Penn won the race in 12:50.98, followed by Navy in second in 13:17.72 and Navy's lightweight novices in third in 13:17.97.
Shoremen Boat Lineups
- Open/Collegiate Eight: Jacob Yallof (coxswain), Zee Ali (stroke), Joe Stockburger (seven), Daniel Benton (six), Samson Ramasamy (five), Theo Aris (four), Evan Laking (three), Chris Eggstein (two), Matt Dimond (bow)
- Collegiate Junior Varsity Eight: Alex Kincaid (coxswain), Benton (stroke), Dimond (seven), Nate Bonsib (six), Jeffrey Wrobel (five), Brett Van Hoven (four), Philip Whitehouse (three), Tyler Buchanan (two), Tom Heffernan (bow)
- Collegiate Freshman/Novice Eight: Megan Klink (coxswain), Ryan Ferencz (stroke), Dre Harville (seven), Andrew Castillo (six), Xaeza Olt (five), Matt Underwood (four), Brendan Looney (three), Brook Yimer (two), Erik Whitcomb (bow)
Up Next for the Shoremen
10/29 @ Head of the Schuylkill (Philadelphia, Pa.)