Davis, Mitchell Tally Two Goals, One Assist Each in Win
CHESTERTOWN, Md. — Junior midfielder Elizabeth Davis (Earleville, Md./Bohemia Manor) and senior defender Jordan Mitchell (Centreville, Md./Queen Anne's County) each scored two goals and assisted on another as host Washington College handled visiting Virginia Wesleyan, 7-1, in non-conference field hockey action today on Kibler Field at Roy Kirby, Jr. Stadium. The Shorewomen scored six of their goals during a span of 17:09 in the first half.
Washington College 7, Virginia Wesleyan 1
How It Happened
- Davis gave the Shorewomen a 1-0 lead when she blasted in a shot from the top of the circle after receiving a penalty corner insert from Allison Remenapp with 21:00 left in the first half.
- Mitchell scored Washington's second goal with 16:54 remaining in the period, putting in a rebound from close range following a blast from Davis saved by Virginia Wesleyan goalkeeper Skye Swain.
- Katie Arnold scored from six yards out just 1:16 later following a well-placed pass from the right side by Alli Dudley.
- Kasey Buck found the back of the cage for the first time in her collegiate career with 9:54 left in the first when she tipped in a blast sent from Mitchell.
- Mitchell notched her second goal of the day when she scored off a pass from Davis during a penalty corner with 5:20 left before the half.
- Arnold scored her second goal of the day with 3:51 to go in the first, putting the ball in from just off the left post off an assist from Kasey Buck.
- Davis scored again on a blast following a corner insert from Remenapp with 10:11 left in the second half.
- The Marlins got on the board with 8:34 left when Ashley Parker scored off an Alea Weaver assist.
For the Shorewomen (3-3)
- Scorers: Davis (2 goals, 1 assist), Mitchell (2 goals, 1 assist), Arnold (2 goals), Kasey Buck (1 goal, 1 assist), Remenapp (2 assists), Dudley (1 assist)
- Goalkeeper: Sadie Robertson (0 saves, 0 goals allowed, 35:00), Kerrigan Buck (1 saves, 1 goals allowed, 35:00)
- The Shorewomen had 20 shots and 17 penalty corners in the game.
For Virginia Wesleyan (1-5)
- Scorers: Parker (1 goal), Weaver (1 assist)
- Goalkeeper: Skye Swain (8 saves, 7 goals allowed, 70:00)
- The Marlins finished with six shots and five corners.
Up Next for the Shorewomen
9/25 v. Gettysburg - 7:00 p.m. (Centennial Conference game)
- The Shorewomen were 5-1 winners over the Bullets last season.